Please also review the Terms of Service that govern the use of MVPIndex products and services.
Effective Date: 2018-01-09
- The information we collect and how we collect it;
- What we do with the information we collect;
- How we share and disclose information with third parties;
- Our use of online analytics and tailored advertising;
- California Do-Not-Track disclosure requirements;
- Your rights;
- How we protect information;
- How long we store your information;
- Linked sites and advertisements;
- Use of the Platform by users from outside the United States;
- Your California privacy rights;
- Children’s privacy;
- No rights of third parties;
- How to contact us.
1. The information we collect and how we collect it.
How we collect and store information depends on the features of the Platform that you use. You can use some of the Platform without providing any information other than that automatically collected as described below.
Without your information, we cannot provide you with the Platform or the services you have requested, or you may be limited in your use of both.
1.1 Information you provide
We collect information about you during your use of the Platform, including your name, username, password, email address, postal address, phone number, payment information, gender, your selected influence categories, your self-created biography, general location information such as your city, state, or country, and information you provide to the Platform or allow us to access when you do certain things, such as:
- Request a demo;
- Enter registration information to create an account;
- Subscribe to the Platform;
- Fill out and submit an information request form;
- Request certain features (e.g., newsletters, updates, and other products);
- Enter a sweepstakes or contest or register for a promotion;
- Complete a survey;
- Sign up to receive SMS (text message) notifications; or
- Connect with the Platform or otherwise allow us to access certain information about you via a social media service.
You may also choose to provide us with optional demographic information, solely in your discretion, such as your income range, education level, asking price, religious affiliation, political affiliation, and ethnicity.
1.2 Automatically-collected information
1.2.1 Device/usage information
We automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Platform. For example, we may collect and analyze information such as (a) IP addresses, geolocation information (as described in the next section below), unique device identifiers and other information about your mobile phone or other mobile device(s), browser types, browser language, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed the Platform; and (b) information related to the ways in which you interact with the Platform, such as: referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content viewed and the order of those page (including search criteria and results), the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Platform, the frequency of your use of the Platform, error logs, and other similar information. As described further below, we may use third-party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting and analyzing this information.
1.2.2 Location information
We collect different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address, zip code) and more specific information (e.g., GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Platform), and use that information to customize the Platform with location-based information and features. In order to do this, your location information may be shared with our agents, vendors or advertisers. If you access the Platform through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
1.2.3 Cookies and other electronic technologies
When you use the Platform, we use persistent and session cookies and other similar tracking technologies to: (a) store your username and session token; (b) analyze the usage of our Platform by collecting the information discussed in section 1.2.1 above; (c) customize the Platform to your preferences; and (d) control the advertising displayed by the Platform, as well as advertisements that may be displayed on other websites or mobile applications. We and our vendors may also use other Internet technologies, such as Flash technologies, Web beacons or pixel tags, and other similar technologies, to deliver or communicate with cookies and track your use of the Platform, as well as serve you ads when you are using our Platform and/or when you are on other websites when those cookies can be accessed. We also may include Web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether the message has been opened and for other analytics. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather additional information through other methods.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browsers toolbar. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some of the interactive features of the Platform.
1.3 Information from third parties
We obtain additional information about you from third parties such as marketers, partners, data enrichment providers, researchers, and others. We may combine information that we collect from you with information about you that we obtain from such third parties and information derived from any other subscription, demo, or service we provide.
1.4 Aggregate or de-identified data
2. What we do with the information we collect.
We use the information that we collect for the following purposes:
- To develop and improve our ranking and scoring processes;
- To personalize your experience;
- To improve the content and features of the Platform or develop new services;
- To process and respond to your inquiries;
- To improve customer service;
- For the purposes for which you provided it;
- To process transactions;
- To send you information about your account or transactions with us;
- To notify you about new features of the Platform, special events, or products, services, and special offers;
- To administer sweepstakes, promotions, surveys, and contests;
- To contact you with information and advertising that we believe will be of interest to you;
- To generate and review reports and data about our user base and Platform usage patterns;
- To perform analytics and research aimed at improving the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Platform;
- To enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Platform; and
- To administer and troubleshoot the Platform.
3. How we share and disclose information with third parties.
We will share your information in the following ways:
- MVPindex Customers. We share your information with brands/companies that are MVPindex customers when you use the Platform through the customer’s account or when you have provided us with your consent to share with a particular customer. Such sharing is governed by the Subscription Agreement between MVPindex and the customer. Please check with the customer regarding how it uses such information.
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may share all information we collect within the MVPindex family of companies.
- Service Providers. We may provide access to or share your information with select third parties who perform services on our behalf. These third parties provide a variety of services to us, including without limitation billing, sales, marketing, provision of content and features, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, shipping and fulfillment, data storage, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services.
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge or partner with other companies. In such transactions, (including in contemplation of such transactions, e.g., during due diligence) user information may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all of MVP’s assets are sold or transferred to a third-party, customer information (including your email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets. If such transfer is subject to additional mandatory restrictions under applicable laws, MVP will comply with such restrictions.
- Contests and Sweepstakes. When you sign up to participate in a contest or sweepstakes, your information may also be provided to our sweepstakes or contest advertisers, operators, or sponsors and the use of that information will be also governed by those advertisers, operators, or sponsors privacy policies or practices.
4. Our use of online analytics and tailored advertising.
4.1 Online analytics
We may use third-party web analytics services on the Platform, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers use the sort of technology described in Section 1.2 to help us analyze how users use the Platform, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive. The information (including your IP address) collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Platform. We may also use Google Analytics for certain purposes related to advertising, as described in the following section. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
4.2 Tailored advertising
When you use the Platform, MVPindex may serve you with ads based on various factors such as the content of the page you are visiting, information you provide such as your age or gender, your searches, demographic data, user-generated content and other information that you provide to us. These ads may be based on your current activity or your activity over time and may be tailored to your interests.
Also, third parties, including without limitation those whose products or services are accessible or advertised via the Platform, may also place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device to collect information about your use of the Platform in order to (i) inform, optimize, and serve ads based on past visits to our websites and other sites and (ii) report how our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our websites and use of the Platform. We also allow other third parties (e.g., ad networks and ad servers) to serve tailored ads to you on the Platform, and to access their own cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device you use to access the Platform, so that tailored ads may be delivered to you when you are using other websites.
To opt out of Google Analytics for display advertising or customize Google display network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page. Please note that to the extent advertising technology is integrated into the Platform, you may still receive advertisements even if you opt-out of tailored advertising. In that case, the ads will just not be tailored. Also, we do not control any of the above opt-out links and are not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms.
5. California Do-Not-Track disclosure requirements.
We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on the Platform for third-party purposes, and that is why we provide above the Network Advertising Initiatives Consumer Opt-out link and the Digital Advertising Alliances Consumer Opt-Out Link. However, we do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals.
6. Your rights.
To ensure that you have some control over the information we have about you, you may review and update certain user profile information by logging in to the relevant portions of the Platform where such information may be updated, or by contacting us at support@MVPindex.com.
7. How we protect information.
We have implemented a variety of administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect against the unauthorized access, destruction or alteration of your information. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect, process and store and the current state of technology.
8. How long we store your information.
We will retain your information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
9. Linked sites and advertisements.
The Platform may contain links to third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those third-party websites.
10. Use of the Platform by users from outside the United States.
We have further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, JAMS. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by us, please visit the JAMS EU Privacy Shield web site, located at https://www.jamsadr.com/file-an-eu-us-privacy-shield-or-safe-harbor-claim, for more information and to file a complaint.
Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.
MVPindex is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) with respect to its compliance with the provisions of the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield.
We may transfer information that we collect about you to third party processors across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring information to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction. We are potentially liable in cases of onward transfer to third parties of data of EU and Swiss individuals received pursuant to the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield, respectively.
In addition to the rights granted under the section above entitled, “Your Rights,” some international users (including those whose information we collect under the Privacy Shield) have certain legal rights to access certain information we hold about them and to amend such information or obtain its deletion. To exercise those rights, these users may contact us at email@example.com with their request.
11. Your California privacy rights.
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any, and as defined by California law) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. We do not currently share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
12. Children’s privacy.
The Platform is intended for a general audience and not for children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have collected personal information (as defined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from children under the age of 13 without parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as practicable.
13. No rights of third parties.
15. How to contact us.